I will never forget as long as I live when Robin woke me up and said "Adam, my water broke". This happened at 11:45pm on April 28th which was our due date. Anyone that knows me well knows that I need caffeine to function. When Robin told me that her water broke it was like two pots of Starbucks instantly hitting me. Holy crap who needs coffee at this point!?!? After getting dressed I made a call to the hospital to let them know we were on our way. We already had most of the bags packed in my Jeep so it didn't take us long to get on the road to the hospital. Apparently somewhere along the way I lost the ability to speak. I found this out when we arrived at the hospital the front desk asked me for Robin's name and I gave them her maiden name. Robin got a heck of a laugh about that (even while in labor). In the baby classes we took to prepare for this event they didn't warn me that in this stressful situation fathers frequently lose the ability to speak.
The rest of the event was pretty much a blur. Robin was in labor for roughly 15 hours before we met our son for the first time...Brady Robert was born on April 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM. He weighed 7 lbs., 11 oz and was 20 1/4" long. What a miraculous gift!
There isn't anything in this world like looking at your child for the first time. Simply amazing! Brady is perfect in every way possible and is such a blessing to the two of us. I will post several pictures when I get some time.
Thank you to all of our friends and family for your love and support the last 9 months. We wouldn't be where we are without you!
Love your website! Can't wait to see more pictures-
ReplyDeleteKeep the photos coming. I love seeing your sweet Brady and both you and Robin, of course!
ReplyDelete